The Clerk of Circuit Court is the issuing agent of marriage licenses for the State of Florida. We offer two methods of issuing a marriage license:
The first method would be completed thru a zoom video conference, which is by appointment only and you must complete the following steps:
- Complete the marriage license pre-application online, once submitted a transaction number will appear on the screen that you will need to add to the forms below.
- Download: Recording/Marriage License Department Credit Card Payment Form, The marriage license fee is $86.00 or $61.00 if a pre-marital course has been completed. A copy of the completion certificate issued by a registered provider must be provided to the clerk’s office.
- Download: Marriage License Statement of Compliance.
- Write in the marriage license kiosk transaction number on the top of each form and complete.
- Email the completed forms along with a copy of your picture identification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once email is received, applicants will be contacted to set up the appointment date and time for the zoom video conference.
- On the day of the appointment the clerk staff will email the marriage license to the applicants (which will have to be printed out) and also provide the video conference link.
- The zoom video conference is completed as scheduled, the credit card payment is posted and a receipt is emailed to the applicants.
The second method of issuing a marriage license would be for applicants to appear in person at the clerk’s office.
- No appointment is necessary to apply for a marriage license in person.
- You can begin the application process by completing the marriage license application online. (once submitted a transaction number will appear on the screen that you will need to bring with you)
- If unable to complete prior to arrival, public terminals are located in the Recording/Marriage License department in room 101 where the marriage license application can be completed.
- Both applicants must appear in person and provide picture identification.
- The marriage license fee is $86.00.
- If a pre-marital preparation course has been completed by a registered provider who is registered with the clerk’s office the fee is reduced to $61.00. A copy of the completion certificate issued by a registered provider must be provided to the clerk’s office.
- The marriage license is issued and provided to applicants.
We do not perform marriage ceremonies. Review the Marriage FAQs below to determine who can perform a marriage ceremony or you can click here for a local listing of officiants.