Jurors for County and Circuit Court are selected from the driver’s license records of Bay County. Jurors are generally summoned two weeks prior to jury duty. All licensed drivers, with valid driver’s licenses may serve on a jury.
Juries are generally selected on Monday morning at the courthouse for all trials scheduled for the week. Approximately 80% of the trials in Bay County are for one day only. Therefore, most jurors serve the day of selection and one additional day.
Jurors are paid by the state only if their employer does not pay them during their first three days of jury duty. If the Juror is not paid by his/her employer, they are paid $15.00 for each of the first three days they serve. After the third day, all jurors are paid $30.00 per day served regardless of whether or not their employer pays them for their time spent at the Courthouse.
Florida law allows certain exemptions from Jury service. These include, but are not limited to:
- Person’s over 70 years of age
- Expectant mothers
- Parents with children under 6 years of age, who are not employed full-time
- Persons who have served on a jury within the past year
- Caregiver of a disabled person /relative who resides with you
- Law enforcement officers with arrest power
- Municipal police officer
- Convicted felon, civil rights not restored
- Under prosecution for a crime
- No longer a resident of this county
In accordance with the American’s With Disabilities Act, persons needing a special accommodation to participate in this proceeding should contact Court Administration no later than seven days prior to the proceeding at:
PO Box 1089
Panama City, Fl 32402
For reporting instructions please call (850)747-5176 after 5:00 p.m. the day before you are to report, even if that day is a weekend or a holiday.
Your service as a juror in Bay County is greatly appreciated.